We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Are you looking for a medical billing and coding job that you can do from home?
Great choice! Those jobs are in VERY high demand.
But I’m sure you’ve noticed that you at least need a certification. This might be a little bit of a barrier to you, but that’s okay!
You know why?
You can totally get your medical billing and coding training right from the comfort of your own home.
We’re going to talk about a few places where you can get training so you can get started on your new career as a medical biller and coding.
Where to Get Medical Billing and Coding Training (From Home)
If you’re really looking to get into the medical billing and coding field, Career Step should be one of the first places that you look into.
Here are a few reasons you should consider Career Step:
- The program is one of the only AHIMA-approved online education programs for medical coding.
- They keep the program up-to-date and you will learn all about the most recent ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codes.
- The program takes less than 1 year if you’re doing it part-time (and 4 months if you choose to do it full-time).
- The program will teach you both medical billing AND coding (this is huge!)
The average cost of the program is $3,699, and I always see discount codes available!
Here are some of the things you will receive if you take the medical and billing course through Career Step:
- AHA ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook
- Access to 3m encoding software
- A voucher to take the CPC or COC certification exam ($425 value)
- ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS industry codebooks
- AHIMA student membership (for one year)
- One-on-one support from your trainer and tech support team
- Job placement help
Cost: $3,699 without any discounts
This school has a medical billing and coding program that can be taken 100% online.
The program will prepare you to take the Certified Professional Coder Apprentice (CPC-A) and the Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS) exams.
Cost: Under $2,000 if paid in full
ATA has a few physical locations in the US, but they also offer a medical coding program online.
The program will prepare you to take the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam.
If you have a local community college or technical school, they also might offer an affordable option for medical billing and coding. It doesn’t hurt to check!