Every month I track our net worth.
There are two reasons why:
1. It’s fun seeing our net worth grow and seeing how far we’ve come.
2. Because it keeps us on track. If we’re checking out our finances each month and seeing if we’re on track to meet our goals, then I think we are more likely to actually reach our goals.
2020 Net Worth:
** @towardsfi on Instagram suggested I start tracking the growth of our net worth as a percentage. I do find it a lot more motivating than just the dollar amount!
- June: $15,818.45 | (+9.5%) – Added more money into our emergency fund, saw some stock market gains. Slow and steady!
- May: $14,439.40 | (+41%) – Focused on increasing our emeregency fund!
- April: $9,589.13 | (-18.832%) – Huge drop due to COVID-19 🙁
- March: $11,813.93 | (+0.33%) – Hey at least it increased!
- February: $11,774.37 | (+90%)
- January: $6,168.37 | (+28%)
2019 Net Worth:
2019 was the first year that we started tracking our net worth.
- December: $4,810 (+$1,076)
- Novemeber: $2,834 (+$2,203)
- October: $631 (+$2,472)
- September: $1,841 (-$2,901)
- August: $1,060 (+$2,375)
- July: -$1,315 | (+$3,049)
- June: -$4,365 | First month tracking!