We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Lexicode is currently hiring home-based (work from home) medical coders in the US.
These are full-time work from home positions in the following areas:
- Outpatient Surgery
- Outpatient Surgery with Interventional Radiology
Haven’t heard of Lexicode before? Here’s some background information right from Lexicode:
LexiCode is the leading provider of HIM Coding and Consulting Services nationwide and our exceptional employees make this possible. For more than 35 years LexiCode has provided quality HIM coding and consulting services to healthcare providers nationwide. Our team works to enhance operations in every type and size of healthcare provider environment. Today LexiCode, an Exela brand, remains the industry leader in coding compliance solutions.
- ARHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CCS-P credential from the AHIMA; A CPC, COC, or CIC from the AAPC
- 1 or more years of coding experience
- Proficiency with CPT, ICD-10-CM, and PCS
- Ability to work fro home with high-speed internet
- Experience with EMR, multiple encoders and abstracting systems
If you decide to work with Lexicode, they will give you:
- Great hourly compensation
- Productivity incentive plan
- A computer with dual monitors
- Coding resources
- Continuing education
They also offer other great benefits like a 401(k) and a flexible schedule!
Medical coding is a great work from home job (especially for stay at home moms!).
If you’re interested in getting into this field, you can check out our post about medical billing and coding education, and our post that has over 15 companies that hire work from home medical billers and coders!